Well, as you know by now our wedding is only days away! It's exciting, and yet I don't know if everyone goes through this, but I'm almost tired of talking about it. I know when the events happen, they'll be fun and it'll be great to see all our friends and family. But damn, I've been doing wedding planning for the last month and a half, and I can't wait for it to be over!!! There's so many "tasks" and "errands" that I just want to stop thinking about it.
However, now that I've vented, we're in good shape for the wedding, and really there's not much else to do. So hopefully, the hard parts are behind us and now we can just enjoy the company. I hear the wedding day, for the couple, flies by so fast, and before you know it it feels like only 10 minutes have passed, and tens of thousands of dollars are gone. Well, its a good excuse to get everyone together and party, so thats what we'll do.
The forecast is calling for 30% rain. Our wedding ceremony is outside, so we are all praying for good weather this Saturday. If not, we have an indoor backup, but its not as nice as the outside gardens. I'll post some pictures after the wedding, but I don't want to spoil it for you right now.
I want to give a quick shout out to the groomsmen:
Andy Krueger - best man. Met in high school, and we talk about girls a lot.

Ben Yin - groomsman. Met in college at Emory, and he is my go-to guy for sports and video games. 
Bryan Edwards - groomsman. Met in high school, through Andy, and have been co-track stars toegether. 
Chad Smith - groomsman. Met in college at Emory, and we talk about religion and Jackass. 
Alex Ho - groomsman. Met in college at Emory, through Nicole and her web of friends, and we talk about doctor stuff. 
Jeff Holcombe - groomsman. My brother in law, we talk about Cheng family tradition. Chee. 
As far as our house...nope, we haven't closed yet.. We were supposed to close April 28th, but the seller needed time for some repairs, so he asked to push closing back to May 8. Fine by me - means I don't have to move in til later, so I don't have to start paying til later. May 8, however, is 2 days after the wedding. 2 days! 2 days after Nicole and I get married, we get the keys to our house! Very exciting. Nicole has informed me that I am supposed to carry her into her new house as a newlywed.
After the wedding we will spend about 5 days working on the house - painting and lawn work. Then we come back, and I graduate! Which is another crazy step in my life...walking across the stage with a diploma that says I'm a doctor!
Speaking of which, I just got my schedule for my intern year at UNC. For medical buffs, you'll find it interesting...for others, plus/minus.
July - Hematology/Oncology (solid cancers)*
August - General Medicine*
September - Gastroenterology
October - Intensive Care Unit*
November - Pulmonology (lungs)*
December - Geriatrics (old people)*
January - Cardiology (heart)*
February - Urgent Care/Walk in Clinic
March - ER
April - Nephrology (kidneys)*
May - Infectious Disease*
June - General Medicine at Wake County Hospital*
* = overnight call every 4th night
I have 3 different vacations:
Aug 29-Sep 11
Dec 23-27
Jan 30-Feb 5
So...I start off with what I think is one of the hardest rotations. Cancer patients. They are sick, and there are a lot of issues to deal with. I'm sure it will be a challenging time, and I hope I do a good job.
And in other news:
- Chad just returned from a 1 1/2 year study abroad in South Africa!
- Scanlon is about to graduate from grad school at Georgia Tech
- Andy bought 'Guitar Hero' for x-box after experiencing the pimpness at the bachelor party - Nicole is hot
No comments:
Post a Comment