Wednesday, February 07, 2007

UNC 79, Duke 73

Since I now live in a college town with a real, major college sporting team, I can't help get caught up in the fever. The UNC-Duke basketball rivalry is by far the most talked-about sporting event in this area each year. Actually we play each other twice this year. Tonight, UNC beat Duke at Duke, 79-73! And on the news, people on Franklin Street, the main street through UNC's campus with all the bars and restaurants, were gathering in the streets. Apparently there is this tradition of creating bonfires in the streets, and then (perhaps foolishly) students jumping over the fire. I can see how that might be slightly unsafe...meanwhile I'm at home, bout to get ready for bed. Exciting.

Anyways, go Heels!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hell yeah...Tar Heels know how to celebrate! (Sorry for the late comment. Just starting to catch up on your blog!)