Awesome last 2 days...very tired...will write some blurbs, and more later...
Yesterday -
- Great wall of China! Went to a remote part of the wall, technically illegal for people to visit, but our guides bribe the villagers to let us on. Absolutely incredible, the original wall, never restored.
Today -
- Beijing Zoo - saw Giant Pandas! As well as lions, tigers, bears (oh my)
- Dinner at Din Tai Fung - best dumplings I've ever had, and voted by the New York Times as one of the 10 best restaurants in the world!
- Olympics - beach volleyball! Music, DJ's, go-go dancers, and men's and women's beach volleyball. We saw 3 matches, including women's US vs Cuba volleyball which was an exhilariting 3 set match - the US won!
Today –
- Olympics – indoor volleyball – 6 on 6, explosive, pretty cool, at Beijing Institute of Technology gymnasium
- Massages at the Ritz Carlton Beijing – this was phenomenal! The nicest spa I’ve ever seen.
We’ve had an incredible time so far. Beijing is a very cool city, with a lot of history blending with a conversion to modern times. We’re pretty tired navigating the city by bus, subway, taxi, and walking, in pretty hot weather. Both Nicole and I have managed to catch colds as well. We miss the comforts of home a little bit, but also are really having fun.
Stephanie, thanks so much for taking care of our house and Sofie. Poor Sofie, I think she’s depressed cuz she’s pooping in our house, and poor Stephanie has to clean it up. =( We’ll get you something real nice!
Nate, Amy and Jeff, love the funny comments!!
Write more soon…
Yesterday -
- Great wall of China! Went to a remote part of the wall, technically illegal for people to visit, but our guides bribe the villagers to let us on. Absolutely incredible, the original wall, never restored.
Today -
- Beijing Zoo - saw Giant Pandas! As well as lions, tigers, bears (oh my)
- Dinner at Din Tai Fung - best dumplings I've ever had, and voted by the New York Times as one of the 10 best restaurants in the world!
- Olympics - beach volleyball! Music, DJ's, go-go dancers, and men's and women's beach volleyball. We saw 3 matches, including women's US vs Cuba volleyball which was an exhilariting 3 set match - the US won!
Today –
- Olympics – indoor volleyball – 6 on 6, explosive, pretty cool, at Beijing Institute of Technology gymnasium
- Massages at the Ritz Carlton Beijing – this was phenomenal! The nicest spa I’ve ever seen.
We’ve had an incredible time so far. Beijing is a very cool city, with a lot of history blending with a conversion to modern times. We’re pretty tired navigating the city by bus, subway, taxi, and walking, in pretty hot weather. Both Nicole and I have managed to catch colds as well. We miss the comforts of home a little bit, but also are really having fun.
Stephanie, thanks so much for taking care of our house and Sofie. Poor Sofie, I think she’s depressed cuz she’s pooping in our house, and poor Stephanie has to clean it up. =( We’ll get you something real nice!
Nate, Amy and Jeff, love the funny comments!!
Write more soon…
4 comments:
Great pictures Alan. You seem to like hoochies!!!!
Glad you guys are having fun! Awesome shots of the Wall, an amazing structure. Amy wants to be like Mike and swim all the time now. Hope Sofie gets well and you guys start to feel better. Take care and be safe. Can't wait to see you guys when you come back.
I can't even begin to explain how happy I was to see that you are blogging again! This is definately the trip of a lifetime. I have been looking for you guys on TV, but most of the crowd looks the same, Chinese! Maybe I will spot Nicole. When are you heading home?
How are you two feeling? Miss hearing from you.
Post a Comment