Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My first blog post

I thought I'd start my own blog, since they're all over the place and a great way to let people in on whats going on in my life - someting I've never been great at! I'm close to my friends and family, but I'm the type to call my family every couple of weeks, and friends maybe every couple of months! So, here I am, hoping to find a way to try this out.

I'm rounding out my 4th and last year of med school at Emory, and in the process of picking an place to do my residency in internal medicine, 3 more years of intense work and training, where you 'really' learn to become a doctor. I've heard, you get your MD in medical school, but you become a doctor in your residency. I'm excited but also fearful, for a lot of reasons, the main ones being: Will I have a life? Will I stay in touch with my friends and family? Will I crack under the pressure?

Who knows, but hopefully this blog will help me stay connected with you. This will hopefully be a source of me to vent what the heck is going in my life, so that all of you can better understand this anomaly of residency. Also, its just to let you in on the other things too: upcoming wedding, travelling to Spain, what goes on between Nicole and I (PG rated), how the family is, etc.

I'm in Tampa now, enjoying my last 'winter break', spending Christmas here and New Year's in Dallas, Nicole's hometown. Looking forward to Andy's Christmas party, held every year on the 23rd of Dec, a reunion of sorts for people from Hillsborough!

Alright, I need some sleep - will fill you in later! Leave comments for me whenever you want! And welcome!

No comments: