Tuesday, April 11, 2006

We are homeowners!

I'm sorry that I've taken a break from blogging, but I am back, and I'd like you to know that Nicole and I have a house!!

Well, actually, I should say we are under contract...but we're going to have a house! We just came back from househunting in North Carolina, and saw the two houses we liked the most. They're in the same neighborhood, and actually very similar houses. We put an offer down on the first one, but someone beat us to it. That house was on the market for less than 24 hours! Then we put an offer down on the second house...the house that was in the previous blog. The big, pretty, 2 story blue one. After some negotiating, we have agreed on terms, and now by the end of April it will be ours! Nicole and I can't believe it!

Here are some pictures:


House is on the end of a cul-de-sac, off to the side. Great street, lots of nice houses on the street. The neighborhood is a great neighborhood too, good variety.

This is the entrance/foyer. The stairs are at the entrance, and the wood floors go back into the kitchen.

This is the family room/living room on the 1st floor, just to the right of the foyer. Gas log fireplace.

This is the kitchen. Very big and lots of cabinets and countertop space. No fridge =(. Gas range for Nicole to cook! =)

This is the breakfast area, viewing from the kitchen. The door opens out onto the deck.


The deck. Nice and big.


The backyard lawn is probably one of the reasons the house didn't sell as fast. Its naaaaaaaaasty!

Upstairs, there are 3 bedrooms and then this bonus room. Its pretty big, could use it for whatever. Taking suggestions on what we should do with it!

Master bedroom with trey ceiling.

Master bathroom with jacuzzi tub (ahhhhhh)


Master bath with 2 sinks (very important to the survival of the marriage!)

We are extremely fortunate to be able to buy a house like this. If we were in Atlanta, this house inside the city would be only in our dreams. But in Durham, this price of this house is really reasonable!

We'll probably paint some of the rooms to warm it up, and do some lawn work, add blinds and some appliances...but otherwise its in great shape.

Nicole and I have realized how extremely fortunate we are in all aspects of our lives...our families who have been so supportive, our relationship, our friends, and our education. Both of our parents have worked so hard to carve out their place in the world, out of scratch, and we recognize how much we have gained from their hard work and success. We really do have a good life, and it wouldn't be without any of you, our friends and family.

Let me know what you think!

Alan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, The house is beautiful I see a large pool table and a projector in your bonus room just like Papa Cheng.

Anonymous said...

That is a very large DECK you have!

Anonymous said...

Alan, way to kiss butt at the end of the post.

Anonymous said...

Get ready for homeownership! It is always something! Mike spent two nights last week repairing a broken sink!

Anonymous said...

My suggestion -
two words: SLING room.