

Well, last Thursday I found out where we will be spending the next 3 years...
UNC!!! I have officially become a TarHeel, my first real affiliation to any college sports team that has ever been on tv. I matched at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. What Michael Jordan did for basketball, I will now do for internal medicine. I will become master of rectal exams and breath sounds. Or something like that... But I am excited to finally become a fan of a real college sports team. The Emory Eagles are great and all, especially in track and field, but now I can follow college basketball (and even football, cuz UNC is getting better) without shame. Although the Tarheels just lost yesterday in the 2nd round of NCAA's. At least the women are still in...
Anyways, Nicole and I are really excited to continue the next chapter of our lives at Chapel Hill. New hospital, new training, new home, newly married, new environment...its all so different than what I have known for the past 8 years in Atlanta.
In fact, it was kind of bittersweet when Nicole and I opened the letter. Of course we were happy we got our first choice in Chapel Hill. But, then again, we are about to leave all of our close friends that we have made in Atlanta. Some of our best friends have been here for the past 8 years, and for a while it felt like it was just gonna continue indefinitely, but now there is a finite time that I'll be here, and then BWAM, we move... We will really miss our friends, and I'll actually miss Emory too, where I've had a great experience. I guess we're not going that far, Chapel Hill is still in the South, just 5 hours or so drive from Atlanta. If anyone ever wants to visit us, our door is always open! Come stay, and then go skiing in the Appalachians! We'll have an extra bedroom or 2!
In other news, Nicole and I just got back from Alex and Sarah's wedding in Boston this past weekend. It was a great wedding, and congratulations to the both of them! Sarah is Nicole's best friend and Alex is one of my good friends, and they both live in North Carolina. Nicole and Sarah have been planning their weddings side by side for over a year, and now Sarah's big day has happened...so Nicole, we are next!!!
Some other tid bits
- I found out who posted "Benita is hot." Thanks BEN!!
- Had my first conversation with a Spanish patient today since visiting Spain. Went well! Talked about her eyeballs and blurry vision...
- This is my last week of medical school and my last responsibility before graduation! However, my residents said I don't even have to go in the rest of the week, so technically, I'm done! Woohoo! 4 years of medical school...ahh it hasn't hit me yet that I'm really graduating and becoming a freaking doctor. Would you trust me with your life?
- We have 40 people who have RSVP'd to our wedding so far.
- Nicole is hot! (Love you baby)
- We are about to begin our dance lessons, so Nicole and I don't look like fools for our first dance!
- Who reads this anyway? I only know through the comments. In fact, write a comment now if you are reading this!
Talk to you soon,
Chunky
7 comments:
I read! And your RSVP count is actually 42, we just haven't mailed ours yet . . . .
Uhh, can Jen and I get an invitation? If I wasn't a groomsman I'd be worried.
I'm reading. Congrats!!
Hey, how do you know our RSVP count Emmy??
Yeah some of the invitations didn't make it to people, the post office just isn't cutting it.
Is that Jen Scanlon? What up!
oh, yeah, the rsvp count...cuz i mentioned it on the blog...
My brother the forgetful rectal doctor.
dude, you know I'm capable of amazing things, even from across the country!
altho, I must admit that your ability to forget what you've written helps immensely ;->
Post a Comment