Eh...but it wasn´t that exciting. So I just turned 26, and celebrated the day I first saw daylight. Does this count as ¨late 20´s¨? Anyways, I had a good time, though it was just chill. Went out to eat at a Cuban restaurant, though it seemed the only Cuban decorations were the Cuban hats hanging on the walls...they played Wham and Michael Jackson... then for some ice cream, and then to a bar for a little while. Not too rowdy, but very nice.
To mom and dad: Although I am having a good time here, I PROMISE I actually am working hard and studying hard! The pictures make it seem all I´m doing is going out, but really I study every day during my lunch break for an hour, and then I do my homework and assignments at night! I really am working! I had a test today, and was promoted to the next level (intermediate). Also gave a 15 minute presentation today, and answered questions afterward, all in Spanish! Love you and miss you!
Anyways, I´m already almost done with Sevilla. I only have 1 week left! I´m kinda looking forward to coming home, because there sure is no place like home, but I will miss the relaxed way of life here. I was trying to explain the idea of a ¨lush¨to people here. The type of person who drinks fine wines at night, and good coffee by day, and enjoys the finer things...you know, a lush. Turns out, they´re all lushes here. Its the way of life, and I guess I´ll miss that. Though they can all be that way, cuz it doesn´t cost as much to be a lush here.
I was also telling people here about my getting married. To them, it seems that I´m getting married a bit early. Its common for European people to finish high school, then work and travel and work and travel while they´re young, and then go to university only when they´re serious about pursuing their career. And after that, then they think about marriage. Thus, they probably get married more in their late 20´s to early 30´s. A lot of you are already married or engaged, like me!
Married:
Jennifer and Jon
Shveta and Dinesh
Ben and Jen
Danielle and Mike (fresh from honeymoon...how was it??)
Kristen and Colon
Jenny and Jeff
My mom and dad (love you guys!)
Engaged:
Alex and Sarah (only a couple more weeks!)
Dorothy and Mariano
Nicole and I (Nicole is hot!)
Single:
Andy (high school friend)
Aarish (high school friend)
Bryan (high school friend...a theme is developing, but theres nothing wrong with being single!)
Amy (hands off!!)
Anyways, here´s an assignment:
Married couples, post a piece of advice you´d like to give for those who are getting married soon!
Can´t wait to see what you say!
Will post more pictures soon of some other stuff,
Hasta la pasta,
Alan
Friday, March 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Happy birthday Alan!!! Marriage comments? My advice would be to surprise each other. Practice random acts of kindness. Not to be stereoptypical, but dudes, make dinner randomly, ladies, pick your man up at work with Braves tickets in hand on a Tuesday night. You get the point.
Hi Alan, Happy Birthday! We missed you on Wednesday :) Anyways, marriage advise... get a good bed. Ha, love, Shveta
¨ladies, pick your man up at work with Braves tickets in hand on a Tuesday night. You get the point.¨
Amen to that!!!
Happy Birthday Baby Brother!!
I don't know what kind of advice Jeff has been telling you behind my back, but don't believe him.
Love,
Jenny
I am not sure about marriage advice, we have only been married 3 weeks, but I do have some wedding advice...well, maybe not advice, but it is a warning. After you plan and prepare for MONTHS, the wedding goes by really fast, and then all of a sudden it is all over. Then you feel wierd b/c you are like "hey, we worked on that forever, and it is already gone!" But at least you have a honeymoon...and St. Lucia was AWESOME!
Love,
Danielle
PS - The honeymoon goes just as fast!
my advice would be don't listen to anything I say because I'm not even close to getting married. BUT, I would say that Nicole, just do whatever Alan says and everything will be fine. Hahaha. Haven't talked to you in awhile but I'll give you a call sometime soon.
Douglas Keever Malcolm
Doug! What up dogg! How'd you find out about this? (Glad you did!) Need to call you back...still trying to return phone calls...
Post a Comment